A Unique Volunteer Opportunity On Sherman Campus
Join 'The Jewish 411' - Jewish Information Service of Greater Toronto
Over its 35 years, Jewish Information Service of Greater Toronto (JIST) has called different locations ‘home.’ As part of UJA Federation’s ongoing commitment to making Sherman Campus a friendly and welcoming address for our community, JIST will be moving to the Harold and Miriam Green Lobby of the Lipa Green Centre for Jewish Community Services.
We are looking for additional, dedicated volunteers. If you are a team player who is interested in making a difference, you can help our staff and volunteers fulfill JIST’s mandate of being ‘the Jewish 411’ for the GTA.
JIST can offer a fulfilling volunteer opportunity that combines your knowledge of the Jewish community with your computer and customer service skills.
Do you have the following?
• Good computer skills including using the Internet to find information
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to work with staff and other volunteers
• Familiarity with the Greater Toronto Jewish community
• Availability to volunteer during the day, minimum of 4 hours a week with some flexibility
• Good judgment & tact
• Fluency in spoken and written English essential
• Additional language skills such as Hebrew or Russian an asset
To learn more about this volunteer opportunity, please contact Barbara Barak, JIST Senior Coordinator at (416)631-5843 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
UJA Federation - Jewish Information Service of Greater Toronto (JIST) reaches out to individuals and community organizations and serves as a point of access to Jewish community life.